Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Best of 2011 - Vintage Music

Here are my picks for the best classics and rare groves (i.e., anything older than 10 years) that I re-discovered in 2011. Please note that instead of the album, I'm listing the music genre. I'm waaaaaay too lazy to look up the albums...

1. Something About Us | Daft Punk | Electronic.



2. Love Magic | Deodato | Disco.



3. Just Kissed My Baby | The Meters | Funk.



4. You Are What I'm All About | New Birth | Funk.



5. Underground | David Bowie | Pop.



6. You Caught Me Smilin' Again | Nineteenth Whole | R&B.



7. Open Your Eyes | Bobby Caldwell | R&B.



8. Fool's Paradise | Meli'Sa Morgan | R&B.



9. For What It's Worth | The Voices of East Harlem | R&B.



10. Violent Love | Oingo Boingo | New Wave.



11. For Belgian Friends | The Durutti Column | Pop.



12. Girlfriend Is Better | Talking Heads | New Wave.



13. The Worst Band In The World | 10cc | Rock.



14. Hit or Miss | Bo Diddley | Blues.



15. I'll Do My Best For You | The Ritchie Family | Disco.



16. Bonita Applebum (Hootie Mix) | A Tribe Called Quest | Hip-Hop.



17. Goody Two Shoes | Adam Ant | Rock.



18. Oooh | De La Soul ft. Redman | Hip-Hop.



19. Promises, Promises | Naked Eyes | New Wave.



20. Intimate Connection | Kleeer | Funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment